Sunday, January 24, 2010

Letter from Simeon Baldwin, New Haven, Connecticut, January 4, 1808

New Haven Jany 4th 1808

Dear Sir

I have this day received yours of the 3d Inst wishing me to enquire more particularly of Mr Wm Baldwin respecting the circumstances of your brothers death. – You have indeed imposed upon me a painful task; but I expected it, & duty requires however painful it may be to us both, that I execute it faithfully.

– A day or two preceeding the Death of your brother he with Mr Michael Baldwin & three or four other Gentlemen arrived in Pittsburg from the westwards in a Stage & took lodgings at the Stage house, the next day he visited with a party of Gentlemen, at Henry Baldwins & by his cheerfulness rendered himself peculiarly acceptable to the family & the party

... continue reading Letter to unidentified person from Simeon Baldwin, New Haven, [Connecticut], January 4, 1808

Letters & Postcards on E-Bay