Friday, January 22, 2010

Letter to Alvah Bush, Albany New York, from her sister, M. M. Bush, Cooperstown, New York 1843


Cooperstown Oct 11th 1843.

I forgot to tell you that I paid $8 for my shawl which I suppose you will think very extravagant – It is cassimere, two yards square with a handsome heavy fringe and is very warm – I looked at it a long time before I could make up my mind to take it, but I thought it would do to wear very often instead of a cloak and thus save me the necessity of getting a new one –

I received a long letter from Joseph last week, giving an account of the wedding and the conflagration which are two very important events in Bainbridge – It will be but a little while before I shall see them all again, and I assure you I look forward to it with a great deal of pleasure – I shall spend a week or two there on my way to Binghamton — Mrs Sumer returned from Boston, Saturday, and left with her family for Cleveland this morning – Miss Stowel is very well –


...Continue reading Letter to Alvah Bush, Albany New York, from her sister, M. M. Bush, Cooperstown, New York 1843

Letters & Postcards on E-Bay